Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ichi-men Ramen


First you order and pay at this machine.


After you get your receipt, you sit at an open stall (there's a sign that lights up when a seat is open) and then further customize your order using this form.


The stall has a curtain that is rolled up so that the waiter can take your order and deliver your food.




Once you get your food, the waiter pulls down the curtain so that you can slurp away in total privacy. The ramen is advertised as "Nagasaki 짬봉" (spicy seafood noodle soup). I ordered the "standard" level (not mild, not spicy) but nearly choked when I took a sip of the CLEAR broth. I decided that mixing in the pile of red stuff sitting on top of the noodles would probably be a bad idea, so I scraped it off.

It was good, but I think that when I want ramen, I want more of a pork-based broth. The interesting thing about this ramen was that the seafood and vegetables were seared on a griddle instead of boiled in the broth, so the shrimp and cabbage had a nice smoky taste to it.

All in all, not bad for 5000 won.

No comments:

Post a Comment