Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Street Food #6



Up the street towards Ehwa University there's a tiny waffle stand that always seems to have an unreasonably long line in front, despite freak snowstorms (just this past Monday!) or rain. On my nightly walk I decided to see what all the fuss was about. If I kept count of all the street snacks I've seen people walking around with I'm pretty sure waffles are in the top three. So far I've been pretty disappointed with every waffle I've tried (although honestly, I've only tried maybe two in all my trips to Korea combined) but this one was different. First, it was actually cooked until it was crunchy. Second, the cream inside was freshly whipped and not "flavored" with some awful food coloring meant to represent green tea. It was called "yogurt cream" but somehow managed to be really light and fluffy while retaining proper yogurt tanginess. Not sure how they pulled that off. Best of all, it was only 88 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment